These signs were made as birthday gifts for very special friends of ours. I based the color and theme on their bedrooms.
1. First I took 22"x9" birch, cabinet grade 3/4" plywood and painted it white. I painted two coats.
2. I cut the names and symbols, from vinyl, out on my Silhouette. "Jayce" is in Rockwell font. "Griffin" is in Tan Patty font. Both symbols are from my Silhouette library.
3. I used the vinyl as the stencil. I rubbed it to the board, completely and then painted with a very light coat of paint. After the paint was dry, I sanded with my mouse sander to blend in and lightly distress the board.
4. I dusted the board completely and painted it with a satin finish polyurethane.
5. After the polyurethane dried completely, I drilled holes at the top of the boards and added matching ribbon to hang the board with.
Personalized name signs will be available through our etsy shop, if you don't want to make your own.