Before being a Stay at Home Mom, I was one of those teachers that gave 100%. I worked from sunup to sundown (or pretty close) on teaching. During this time, I made wonderful friendships with parents of many of my students. This has enabled me to follow the students through many life changes.
One of the greatest families I had in teaching was the Rebusmen family. I taught 2 of their 3 children and they were just wonderful: the children and the parents! Their son, the second child I taught, Connor, left for basic training. He is going to be an Airman! His mom, Robin, is so proud of him; but, is understandably having a rough time with him leaving. One of her friends posted, "His feet may go, but his heart will always be at home." on her facebook wall. I thought that was the perfect sentinment and decided to make a sign for her.
Robin told me that she's into "patriotic" colors right now, so that was how I chose the colors for this project.
Here's how I made it:
1. I took a piece of plywood and painted it creme. After it dried, I painted it navy blue and let it completely dry.
2. I cut out the words and symbols, on vinyl, on my Silhouette. I used the vinyl as a stencil.
3. I painted the words and symbols creme.
4. After the paint dried, I painted the symbols red to add a punch of color.
5. I peeled off all the vinyl.
6. Using my mouse sander I distressed the sign.
7. I drilled holes and added wire for hanging.
Unfortunately, I forgot to take a finished picture. Oh well, this is close! This is definitely a personalized gift I was proud to give a great friend!
Do you want a personalized sign for your house? We can make them! Just let us know!