I made this for sweet Antonia's Princess Birthday party. Here are some pictures of beautiful Antonia in her tutu. Thanks for the pictures, Karla!
I was very happy with how my first tut turned out! It was very simple to make.
Here is what you will need:
- 2 rolls of 6 inch by 25" tulle of either one or two colors
- 3/4 inch Elastic for waist band
- Scissor or rotary cutter/cutting mat
- ruler or measuring tape
- needle and thread or a sewing machine to make it super fast
- coordinating ribbon to the colors of the tulle
- roll of paper towels and pins (this is to hold the elastic as you tie on the tulle
I did the slip knot technique and I used at least 60 strips for this 4T/5T tutu. I used every bit of the two rolls of tulle. I like how full the tutu turned out. Once I put on all the tulle, I tied on a ribbon and made a pretty bow.
I think my first tutu was a success!
Be on the lookout for my next tutu. I am making a ladybug tutu for my sweet Anna's first birthday!